• Dewey on Naturalism, Realism, and Science. Presented at PSA 2000. Dewey’s later work (from 1925) develops a form of naturalism with important differences from versions familiar today.
• Dewey, Continuity, and McDowell. John D’s Experience and Nature compared to John McD’s Mind and World. (Appears in Mario De Caro and David MacArthur’s book Normativity and Nature, 2010.)
• A review of Dewey’s Experience and Nature. Appears in Topoi’s series of “Untimely Reviews” of classic philosophical works (2013).
• Dewey and Anti-Representationalism. For Steven Fesmire’s Oxford Handbook of Dewey.
* A page discussing, and linking to, a scan of the 1925 Introduction to Experience and Nature.
• Pragmatism: Philosophical Aspects. In the International Encyclopedia of the Social and Behavioral Sciences, 2nd edition, 2015.
• An older paper about Spencer, Dewey, and biology.
The photo of John Dewey, one I’d not seen before, is taken from the Classic Typewriter Page.