My blog discusses these animals and other underwater topics as well.
• “Signal Use by Octopuses in Agonistic Interactions” (D. Scheel, P. Godfrey-Smith, M. Lawrence) Current Biology 26 (2016): 1-6.
• Cephalopods and the Evolution of the Mind. In Pacific Conservation Biology, 2013.
• Long-Term High-Density Occupation of a Site by Octopus tetricus, with Possible Site Modification Due to Foraging Behavior. Written with Matthew Lawrence. Marine and Freshwater Behavior and Physiology, 2012. Observations of a site in Australia. For an update about the site, see here.
• A book review of Cephalopod Cognition (edited by Darmaillacq, Dickel, & Mather) in Animal Behavior, 2015.
• Field Observations of Mating in Octopus tetricus and Amphioctopus marginatus, with Christine Huffard, Molluscan Research, 2010.