Recent papers and talks:
• Climatic and Other Catastrophes – a talk given at Columbia U., 2022. About science, incentives, lab-leaks, and trust. This is the March 2023 update.
• Two corrections to Theory and Reality, 2nd ed.
(Photo by Daniel Boud)
Other recent papers:
• Philosophy and Science (New School talk, 2014, NYC)
• Simulation Scenarios and Philosophy (Pacific APA 2023)
• If Not Vegan, then What? (Aeon)
• Octopus Debris Throwing (PLOS One)
• Moderating Twitter’s Moderators (a short article on free speech)
• Food and Farming (draft)
• Reafference and the Origin of the Self in Early Nervous System Evolution, (Jékely, Godfrey-Smith, Keijzer),
• The Dual Landscape Model of Adaptation and Niche Construction (with Mark Tanaka and Ben Kerr). Preprint version here.
• Materialism, Then and Now [where ‘then’ is 1968]
• Communication and Representation as Sender-Receiver Coordination (with Ron Planer).
* I am now also on twitter.
• Art and Evolution (a book review).